Tuesday 13 March 2007

JISC conference resolutions

I was attending the final keynote on the annual JISC conference in Birmingham, an engaging presentation by Tom Loosemore. He was discussing the BBC's 15 principles of good web design, number 6 to be precise: The web is a conversation… join in!

Now the actual intent behind that was more about tone of voice and transparency, but reading the phrase literally before he elaborated did finally trigger my resolve to start a professional blog ( I already have a personal one, but I find I rarely use it, mainly because it lacks focus).

So, here it is!

I had some other names in mind before 'René's Assessment', but these were already taken (most of those by people who abandoned them after a single post in 2004... rather annoying). Then again, this isn't a bad name I suppose.

No comments: